Promo codes are a method for attributing conversions to a partner without requiring a tracking link to be clicked by the end user. This feature opens up additional marketing channels for your program such as podcasts and influencers.
You want to promote your product on a podcast, YouTube series or with an influencer that is popular with users in your desired demographic. Simply add them as a partner in your TUNE platform and create a promo code for the offer you want them to promote. Now the host or influencer can read your ad, direct users to your website, and instruct them to enter the given promo code at checkout. All conversions using this promo code will now be attributed to that partner without requiring link tracking.
Creating a Promo Code
Navigate to Manage Offers, then click the offer you’d like to work with. On the offer’s page, click Create Promo Code in the Promo Codes panel.
In the modal that appears, enter your desired text in the Promo Code field. Next, choose the Partner you want to receive credit for the conversions. Click Create to save the promo code.
Disabling a Promo Code
To disable a promo code, hover over the desired row in the Promo Codes panel, then click the Disable icon next to the name.
On the confirmation dialog that appears, tick the box next to “Yes, I’m sure…” and then click Disable Promo Code.
Reenabling a Promo Code
To reenable a promo code that has been disabled, click Create then reenter the promo code and partner. Click Create Promo Code, then click Reenable on the banner that appears.
Tracking Conversions with Promo Codes
To track a conversion using a promo code, simply append the ‘promo_code’ parameter to the end of your conversion link followed by the promo code. This method is compatible with server postback offers as well as pixel offers.
Here is an example server postback conversion link with promo code appended:
Here is an example iFrame pixel conversion link with promo code appended:
<iframe src="https://test.go2cloud.org/aff_l?promo_code=HELLO2020" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="1" height="1"></iframe>
For Offers that have an advertiser attached, include the Advertiser ID found in the promo codes section on the Offer Details Page.
Here is an example server postback conversion link with promo code and advertiser ID appended:
Here is an example iFrame pixel conversion link with promo code and advertiser ID appended:
<iframe src="https://test.go2cloud.org/aff_l?promo_code=GREATCODE&adv_id=2083" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="1" height="1"></iframe>
- No offer_id or transaction_id is required in the conversion link when using promo_code with server postback offers.
- No offer_id is required in the conversion link when using promo_code with pixel offers.
- Once a promo code has been assigned to a partner, you can not reassign it to a different partner. It can only be reenabled for the original partner.
- Promo codes only work with default goal conversions. Additional offer goal conversions are not supported.
- Promo codes on offers that have an advertiser require the advertiser ID to be passed with the promo code in the conversion postback or pixel.
- Multiple advertisers can use the same promo code text as long as advertiser ID is passed back in the conversion postback or pixel.
- If you do not see the Promo Codes feature in your TUNE platform, please reach out to your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get access.